Monday, July 15, 2013

Illustration Friday: Travel

It has been a while since I tackled a topic for Illustration Friday, but I was excited to find the time to jump in on this one.  My thought process had me traveling a number of places in considering the theme, however this resolution came to me as I watched my son play in our small backyard yesterday afternoon.

Nearly each day, he asks that we go outside and I choose a show to watch from what he calls Reidivision.  Based on his name of course, he offers me a list of titles, sometimes previews, and I choose one.  Then it begins, he acts out every part, envisions the mountains, the ships, the other worlds, creatures beyond description.  He is truly traveling in our yard, going places I try to imagine with him, but he is by far there, right in the jungle, the swamp, the city, the future, the past, or places alive in his mind.  So with that I thought this the perfect solution for how one might travel without travel.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So inventively cool. Love the style! And the colors and the detail and use of the white which is always so great! And I knew you had a cool kid but dang, that's extra cool. ;)

    ReplyDelete